Other useful sources for Pitt/Local Information
PittPharmacy Resources for Teaching and Learning
Finding Stable Internet: This link is to a page on the Student PoRxtal and is a list of resources for finding stable internet access
Note: the most complete set of resources regarding teaching and learning is found in the shared Box folder. Below is a curated list of the most up-to-date items.
New (4/3) Zoom Best Practices
- Participant screen sharing (disabled as the default beginning April 4)
- Managing participants (e.g., private invitations, locking meetings, removing disruptive participants, disabling participant video, muting/unmuting participants)
New 4/3) Zoom Training Resources
- 2-page document for PittPharmacy faculty and staff. It includes 1) language to use if you plan to record your synchronous class sessions and 2) links to information and instructions.
- Recommended First Slide for Recorded Synchronous Presentations
- 1-page document that will be provided to students to guide them as they shift to learning remotely.
A single sentence/ question to be added as an exam the students must complete before they can open the actual exam
This is a template that may be added to open book exams
Notes from Dr Gibbs for administering successful and effective on-line exams
Instructions by Matt Freidhoff to assist guest speakers for your classes
- How to have a secure Zoom meeting (Pitt IT)
- CTL’s Instructional Continuity pages
- Tips for communicating with students as classes move online
- March 20 message to faculty from Provost Cudd
- March 20 Provost’s message to students
- Use the Help Desk (or 412-624-HELP) for technical questions related to software, hardware, home network connections, Zoom, and CourseWeb/Canvas. Help is available 24 hours a day.
- Inquiries to CTL (email@example.com or 412-648-2832) will be triaged to an appropriate consultant.