The Annual Review form for 2018-2019 is now off-line for the year.
While the video below is listed as “2016,” it offers tips for hassle-free data entry.
This year’s Annual Review Form will be online from May 13- June 15 (for faculty. The deadline for grad students will be determined by Dr Folan).
Some changes from last year:
- Publications Tab: A new search engine has been created to find your publications on PubMed which should be much more accurate, and faster, than before. Additionally, If you enter a title instead of a PMID, it will first look for the title on PubMed before requiring you to add it manually. This should cut down on data entry.
- If you enter publications manually, please check to make sure that the Title doesn’t contain extra characters. For example, if you copy and paste from your CV, the row may start with a number that isn’t actually a part of the title.
- Please make sure Author names are in the correct format. While the may not impact your Annual Review data, it greatly impacts the use of the data for the school’s annual report.
Here is the Annual Review Web App:
- The web app is supported for the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11*
- Microsoft Edge 41
- Safari 10 or above
- Chrome 65 or above
Firefox is not supported at this time.
* If you have IE11 and you are still told the browser is too old, it is because the browser is set to use “compatibility mode.” Here are some instructions for disabling compatibility mode, and you will find other instructions with a simple web search, if these instructions are not clear enough.
- This form uses HTML 5 code and recommended browsers are Safari 10, Internet Explorer 11, or the most recent version of Chrome. If you aren’t sure if your web browser is up to date, please ask John Smith to check your computer.
- A suggested workflow for completing the Annual Review Form is to first update your CV and highlight everything new in the CV. Then, use the highlighted CV to complete the on-line review form.
- Login with your Pitt Username and Password. If you are unable to access the form, please report the issue to Thomas Waters.
- Required fields are designated with a red *.
- Select each tab across the top of the form to enter a different type of data. On some tabs, the data you have previously entered is summarized or counted. On others, you must enter all data.
- Click the “save” button to ensure that the information you have entered is saved to the database. You must save your work at least once every 20 minutes, or the database will close the connection, and you will have to re-login and re-enter any unsaved data. If you are on a wireless network, there may be other reasons why the connection to the database can be broken, so using the save buttons is to your advantage.
- You do not need to complete the form in one sitting. You may re-open the form as often as you wish to add data. Once you are sure you have completed everything, click the “Mark Annual Review as Complete” button on the “Finish” tab.